Boutique Hotel Matlai - Zanzibar, Tanzania
Find a hotel
Rates from £184 per night · Small Sensations · 4 rooms
Find your piece of paradise at the luxury boutique Hotel Matlai in Michamwi, on the south-east coast of the fair and beautiful island of Zanzibar, Tanzania, East Africa. This slice of tropical luxury stands in tropical gardens, overlooking the glistening Indian Ocean. A small chic slice of paradise!Hotel Matlai is designed as an exclusive villa resort for people seeking a high level of comfort and privacy in a relaxed atmosphere. The whispering wind in the palm trees, the sound of the waves, the superb colors of nature, the smell of innumerable tropical plants, the delicacies of the ocean - this is Boutique Hotel Matlai. Spoil yourself under tropical palm trees and enjoy peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of modern life ...
Know Before You GoRooms:
The four guestrooms at the Boutique Hotel Matlai are individually designed and decorated. Inside this romantic hotel, interiors are cool and calm, blending unique furnishings without touches of detail, sea views and an abundance of comfort.
Perfect for a romantic getaway or honeymoon, stay in individually designed and decorated rooms, with furniture made just as unique by local craftsmen.
Beach on site
A family run hotel means the service really is personal!, Boutique Hotel Matlai embraces guests with a warm and friendly ambience, making your stay an unforgettable dream vacation.
The Matlai hotel spa invites guests to enjoy a relaxing massage under tropical palms. Play volleyball and boules, go snorkelling and visit nearby attractions or simply recline on silken white sands. The hotel is also home to an open-air cinema and an outdoor pool that glistens enticingly under the sparkling sun.
The Matlai ZanziBar Bar & Restaurant is located directly on one of the nicest beaches of Zanzibar. Close your eyes for one moment and find yourself moved to a magical place where time stands still.
- At low tide you can walk to the reef
- For all water activities it is advisable to wear water shoes.
- Tropical garden
- No motor water sports
- Excursions to the villa to soak up the local culture
- In the Kiswahili language of Zanzibar Matlai means the first wind in the early morning that blows into the sails.
- Chwaka Bay, Jozani Forest and Butterfly Farm as well as cultural and adventure activities are all within easy reach of Boutique Hotel Matlai.
- Why not go out on a traditional Dhow boat, lovingly furnished in Zanzibar-oriental style, for unforgettable cruises to the snorkelling paradise of the Pemba channel.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years old. People under 8 years old must share a room with a parent
- There is a variety of activities for all age groups, including e.g. volleyball, boule, and beach ball as well as the open-air-cinema and a library with a selection of paperback books in German and English.