Alila Ubud - Ubud, Bali
Find a hotel
Rates from £123 per night · Rural Retreats · 64 rooms
Alila Ubud luxury hotel is a tranquil and secluded hillside retreat that sits high up on the edge of the rich green Ayung River valley in Baliís central foothills. A boutique hotel in a fabulous setting that rewards guests will stunning scenery and a relaxing vibe.With secluded courtyards, spacious terraces and private gardens, Ubud creates an intimate feeling like none other. All the rooms offer stunning views to the green tropical vegetations of the Ayung River Valley and surroundings volcanoes. Voted one of the 50 most beautiful pools in the world by Travel and Leisure Magazine. The resortís rooms and villas stand above a ravine on stilts like tree houses and are set into the banks of the river valley.
2 Great Offers
Know Before You GoRooms:
56 rooms and 8 villas: The 56 rooms are housed in 14 blocks designed to resemble a Balinese village. All rooms have panoramic views of the magical Ayung valley. The lower floor rooms feature individual garden terraces and a back courtyard with an open-air bathroom and shower.The upper floor rooms feature a private balcony and unobstructed views.There are four superb Valley Villas and four Pool Villas. The Valley Villas offer a spacious walk-around deck and are perched over the valley affording spectacular views of the Ayung River. The Pool Villas provide personalized services with in-villa arrival and departure assistance, entertainment, wellness experience as well as intimate dining moment Ė all passionately crafted for your enjoyment within the privacy of your villa.
This hotel is brimming with all you could need for a truly romantic holiday. There is a stunning swimming pool and the Spa offers all the relaxation needed to totally unwind. For the more adventurous there are treks to join and even mountain bikes but the emphasis here is on offering guests a complete chill-out destination in eco stylish surroundings.
Wedding Experience: Draped by a majestic mountain setting, Alila Ubud is a perfect destination for couples seeking an intimate wedding. Confirm your commitment next to Baliís most magnificent river where the location is superb. Set in the Balinese hillside retreat of Payangan, close to the artistic centre of Ubud, the tranquil and inspirational surroundings and range of indoor and outdoor locations benefit the most romantic and unique weddings. Individuality is the essence.
The ultra romantic Ayung River Villas have wrap-around decking and are perched over the gorge below, making them the ideal choice for honeymooners looking for something truly memorable. There are huge bath tubs sunk into lotus ponds and the Deluxe Rooms on the ground floor even have outdoor showers.
The restaurant nestles beneath a thatched, coconut-palm-pillared canopy, serving Balinese and "healthy" natural cuisine as well as some of the finest international dishes. The open-air restaurant cooks up a combination on health-conscious cuisine naturelle, Western and Balinese dishes.
As a special treat you can arrange to eat in a private bale and you can have a tailor-made seven-course dinner served, offering a true taste of romance.
The totally chilled-out Cabana bar overlooks the pool and offers outstanding valley views, and at night you can enjoy cocktails while watching the candles floating on the poolís surface.
Superior Room: From Ä 151 per room/night
Deluxe Room: From Ä 180 per room/night
Pool Villa: From Ä 319 per room/night
Valley Villa: From Ä 270 per room/night
- The dramatic emerald-green swimming pool is perched on a terrace and appears to float above the plunging Ayung
- Spa Alila comprises one double deluxe Spa Villa, a double Spa Pavilion, a double Spa Suite, and other relaxing treats
- Yoga and tai chi
- Spa Alila experience
- Balinese dancing and cultural learning
- White-water rafting, cycling and trekking
- Elephant safari rides and quad bike adventure
- Tours of the surrounding area can be arranged by Alila Ubud's leisure concierge. They include trips to the mountain village of Kintamani, the spectacular rice terraces at Tegalalang, the natural springs at Tampaksiring, Ubudís galleries, museums and souvenir shops, and the village of Petulu.
- The hills and valleys surrounding Alila Ubud contain a number of traditional villages and family compounds as well as some of the most spectacular scenery in Bali. Various tours are available from Alila Ubud featuring treks through the stunning local countryside away from the tourist crowds.
- Not-to-be-missed tours include a trip to the island's central volcanoes, the village of Kintamani and the beautiful scenery of Lake Batur; a cultural tour of Ubud and a visit to Gianyar, the home of ikat weaving and the Goa Gajah Elephant Cave.