The Driftwood - Cornwall, United Kingdom
Find a hotel
Rates from £195 per night · Beach Bliss · 15 rooms
Set on the south coast of Cornwall, just outside the village of Portscatho and near fashionable St Mawes, is the picturesque Driftwood Hotel, a 15 room boutique bolthole surveying a magical stretch of coastline and Gerrans Bay.Privately owned and run, the Driftwood is a stylish home from home offering an idyllic hideaway for all seasons. Whether seeking a cosy retreat in the Winter months or a beach house style escape for a truly British Summer break, Driftwood is the perfect reside.
Know Before You GoRooms:
15 elegant rooms offer stylish interiors with accents of beach-side living, all bar one with stunning sea views and those on the ground floor opening out on to private decked terraces. With a choice of romantic or family rooms Driftwood is both perfect for couples looking for a romantic escape and families looking to enjoy a relaxed weekend on the south Cornish coast. For guests looking for blissful seclusion a restored weather boarded cabin can be found tucked in to the hotel’s grounds and overlooking the sea. The cabin includes two bedrooms and its own sitting room. Most rooms feature king-sized beds, flagstone floored bathrooms and plenty of Eco Boutique body products, a TV/DVD player and WiFi access.
Created with the ultimate relaxation in mind, Driftwood’s home from home experience includes informal yet stylishly decorated sitting rooms with deep cosy sofas and collections of books and board games. A snug TV room is also full to the brim of games and movies perfect to keep kids or the grown ups entertained. Driftwood also offers ample free guest parking and WiFi access is available throughout the hotel.
Driftwood is set within seven acres of beautiful layered gardens featuring secluded nooks, terraces, and rolling lawns with Steamer chairs. The hotel is blessed with its very own private beach and cove which is reached via a magical wooden path, the perfect venue for picnics on balmy afternoons and possibly a spot of leisurely fishing. Both picnics and fishing rods are provided by the hotel.
The award-winning restaurant at Driftwood is an idyllic hideaway for food lovers. Tucked into Gerrans Bay and offering the most breathtaking sea-views, the restaurant promises an imaginative menu created by Head Chef Chris Eden, who has previously worked with Philip Howard and the Galvin brothers. Passionate about locally-sourced food, the restaurant serves the finest fish and shellfish from Cornish waters and locally reared meats, in an exquisite gastronomic fusion. Menus are seasonal and accompanied by an exceptional wine menu. Not to be missed are the diver caught scallops. With stylish, cosy interiors and a romantic deck lit by Hurricane lamps, the restaurant at Driftwood is a truly magical year-round treat. Catering for the little one's too, a special children's menu is available every day from 5.30pm.
- A gentle stroll on our private beach will whet the appetite for walks along the scenic coastal paths
- We can also provide a lunch hamper on the beach
- Private tours of Cornwall's finest gardens,Trelissick, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Trebah and Glendurgan can be arranged
- Pleasure seekers can count on Driftwood to arrange a game of golf or tennis nearby
- Sailing can be arranged with Roseland Paddle enabling guests to discover the stunning Roseland coastline by water
- Newquay is just a forty minute drive for the ultimate windsurfing
- Driftwood can arrange a selection of indulgent spa treatments in-room from facials to Le Stone deep massage
- The Eden Project, Tate Gallery at St Ives, and Falmouth’s Maritime Museum are within easy reach
- Children are warmly welcomed, and can be accommodated in parent’s room at a nominal charge, which includes breakfast. Children under 12 yrs are charged £15.00 and over 12 yrs are charged £20.00
- A deposit of £150 per room per week is required on booking
- Bookings cancelled within 21 days of arrival date will be charged at 75% of booking value and 100% if cancelled within 24 hours if we are unable to relet the room
- All major credit cards are accepted
- Check in: 2pm Check out: 11.00am
- Minimum two night stays at weekends during high season
- Please note the Driftwood is closed from 7th December 2009 and will reopen on 5th February 2010