Hotel Tresanton - Cornwall, United Kingdom
Find a hotel
Rates from £190 per night · Beach Bliss · 29 rooms
The Hotel Tresanton is situated at the tip of the beautiful and protected Roseland peninsula on the edge of the seaside village of St Mawes, with glorious views across the sea towards St Anthony's lighthouse.A former yachting club, this stylish seaside retreat combines effortlessly elegant nautical style with contemporary touches that reflect the unique Cornish light. Tresanton has a casual and relaxed ambience, very much in keeping with its seaside location. A popular place for sailing and coastal adventures in summer and a peaceful and relaxing haven in the winter makes the Tresanton the perfect year-round escape.
Know Before You GoRooms:
Tresanton has 29 rooms, some with their own terrace. All the rooms have magnificent sea views and are decorated in gentle hues, natural fabrics and are individually furnished with lovingly chosen antiques and Cornish art pieces.
We have two family suites which can sleep two adults and up to three children, four interconnecting rooms and seven rooms that can take either an extra bed or cot.
The hotel has a cinema, cosy bar, sitting room, restaurant and terraces overlooking the sea. Tresanton also offers a spacious children's playroom and garden with a lovely traditional style Wendy House.
There is a small safe beach right opposite the hotel. During the summer holidays, we have a full-time member of staff who looks after the children and can take them crabbing or to play on the beach.
Baby-sitting can be arranged, however booking in advance is advised. We can also provide a listening service.
Tresanton has its very own magnificent 48-foot classic yacht, Pinuccia. She was built to represent Italy in the Coppa D'Italia of 1939 and is the most beautiful boat in St Mawes harbour, with her slender line and tall wooden mast. From Easter to the end of September our skipper will take you sailing around Falmouth bay. This area, which includes the estuary of the Helford and the Fal rivers is one of the most beautiful areas for sailing and boating in Britain.
We can also arrange local boat charters, sailing lessons or fishing trips (availability subject to season and weather conditions).
If you prefer a shorter and faster sightseeing tour of Falmouth bay, we also have a speedboat. Just ask the skipper to take you on the rib to one of the many secluded beaches nearby. You shouldn't go without one of our fresh picnics and a bottle of wine.
Tresanton is a very unique venue to celebrate any special occasion, such as an important birthday, wedding anniversary or simply to entertain your guests.
Our function room can take up to 50 people and we can offer wonderful drinks on our seaview terrace before dinner.
For those who prefer a more informal setting, small barbecues can be arranged when the weather is good on a private terrace which accommodates a maximum of 30 people.
Tresanton has a casual and elegant atmosphere, very much in keeping with the seaside location which makes it a perfect wedding venue. Weddings at Tresanton are a very special occasion designed especially for you whether a small wedding of just a few of you, or larger wedding parties who can take up exclusive use of the whole hotel.
Tresanton has a Civil Licence, so marriages can take place at the hotel. Smaller weddings of 12 or less can enjoy the intimacy of a ceremony in our bar lounge, complete with a real fire and views of the sea.
Larger parties of up to 40 (and up to 60, if exclusive-use) can experience the ceremony in our private function room, known as ‘the Cinema’, a lovely light room with French doors leading onto the terrace. Ceremonies are available throughout the year with the exception of July, August, Christmas and New year.
The dining room has a calm and cool Mediterranean atmosphere with a beautiful mosaic floor and tongue and groove walls. It has a terrace on two sides, where lunch, drinks and candlelit dinners are served in the summer and whenever the temperate climate allows. The head chef, Paul Wadham oversees a delicious daily changing menu using locally sourced fish, crustaceans and organic vegetables, as well as excellent meat from a Cornish butcher.
A romantic Candlelit Dinner for two is also available on the private terrace, with lobsters as a main course and a bottle of well chilled white wine – a chance to gaze across the bay interrupted only by an attentive waiter.
Enjoy pre-dinner drinks or cocktails in the cosy lower ground floor bar and lounge which features a warm and inviting fire during winter months.
Children’s high tea is available from 5.30pm to 6.30pm. Children over the age of 6 are welcome to eat dinner with their parents in the restaurant, though we encourage them to book an early table.
All rates include bed, breakfast and VAT.
- The Tresanton has several of its own sail and motor boats available for day trips (additional charges apply)
- Sailing and windsurfing lessons can be arranged
- Wellies and crabbing nets are provided for salty seaside exploration
- DVD's and Board games are available to keep you amused on rainy days
- Take the 20 minute foot ferry to Falmouth and visit the National Maritime museum or visit the Tate St Ives
- We have a dedicated massage room at the hotel for massage and beauty treatments bookable in advance
- Pinuccia is our magnificent 48-foot classic yacht available for guests from Easter to the end of September
- Explore the wonderful coastal paths and local beaches around the peninsula
- Visit the Eden Project, the Lost gardens of Heligan, Trelissick gardens and Caerhays Castle which are all nearby
- The Minack clifftop open-air theatre in Porthcurno holds theatrical productions during the summer months
- A minimum 2 night booking is required at weekends
- Check out time is 11am. Check in time is 2pm
- A deposit is required to confirm each booking. The deposit will be forfeited in the event of cancellation less than 21 days prior to arrival
- We offer 10% discount for single occupancy
- Parking for hotel guests is available at the hotel