Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/global_inc/aws/GuzzleHttp/Handler/CurlFactory.php on line 67
The Z Hotel - Zanzibar, Tanzania
Find a hotel
Rates from £94 per night · Beach Bliss · 35 rooms
The Z Hotel is a sophisticated and sublime budget boutique getaway, a truly fabulous holiday experience. The hotel blends contemporary design with traditional Zanzibarian elements, for the ultimate ethnic chic retreat. Barefoot castaways will love this budget hotel without the designer price tag!All around the hotel lie lush tropical gardens, with beautifully designed water features and lagoon-like pools with direct access to a beach of pure white sand. The atmosphere at this hotel is relaxed, tropical and sophisticated, here you will enjoy lounging on the wooden deck, gazing out to the turquoise sea, or making your way down to the shore to walk along the beach and explore the coves and natural scenery all around.
Know Before You GoRooms:
The rooms, available for two night minimum stays, of the Z Hotel are simply and elegantly furnished and finished with the highest quality materials from around the globe; travertine marble floors, cotton bed linen from Egypt, fabrics from India and bespoke furniture, some designed by Philippe Starck and yet more made from locally sourced coconut wood. Each of the rooms has LCD flatscreen televisions, floor to ceiling glass French windows leading to a private balcony from which you can admire the grounds and perfect sunset over the Indian Ocean. All this adds up to a spectacular combination of comfort and style, ensuring a first class experience.
Safety deposit box
Complimentary tea & coffee
Apart from the luxurious pool and private beach, the hotel also offers a spa where you can be pampered to perfection with their range of signature treatments and therapies.
The Z Hotel has a company with whom they can arrange a private sunset cruise for your ultimate romantic evening. Sip champagne while watching a kaleidoscope of burning colour fill the sky as the sun drops into the ocean.
Z Hotel’s main restaurant, Saruche, offers a four course Table d' Hote Menu of African-European fusion cuisine as well as a variety of fresh-from-the-ocean fish and seafood. With stunning views across the ocean, Saruche restaurant rests on the edge of a small cliff where you can eat al fresco on a deck, overlooking the ocean, with only the rippling tide to keep you company.
Cinnamon is a vibrant, 1st floor, open bar where you can quench your thirst with an ice cold beer on a lazy, sun-baked afternoon or sample an aperitif from our extensive champagne and cocktail menu. Cinnamon is located on what is recognized as the best place on the Island to view the magnificent Zanzibari sunset, relax and enjoy the atmosphere…with a cocktail in hand of course! If you’re looking for something special, we can also section off areas of the bar for private parties or a more intimate evening.The Cinnamon menu offers Asian fusion tapas and sharing platters.
Rates are per room/per night: Breakfast included:
- For the energetic traveller there are numerous activities available at the Z Hotel.
- Infinity swimming pool
- Zanzibar’s warm turquoise waters and stunning coral reefs offer the perfect haven for divers and deep sea fishing
- The Z Hotel recommends the most professional and fully equipped local dive centre, located close to the hotel
- Weddings and honeymoons
- “Fishing Zanzibar” represents the Z Hotel for deep-sea fishing
- Full wedding and honeymoon service through our wedding co-ordinator, who can arrange a truly unique, customised wedding which caters for your every need
- Learn the history of Zanzibar’s spice trade while viewing the huge Nutmeg trees and Vanilla vines
- The turtle sanctuary can be found in a sleepy little fishing village on the North West coast of the island
- Coral reef diving and deep sea fishing excursions can also be arranged as the waters around the island are perfect for this kind of activity