Xudum Delta Lodge - Okavango Delta, Botswana
Find a hotel
Rates from USD 960 per night · Safari Style · 9 rooms
Experience the freedom and exhilaration of the Xudum Okavango Delta safari Lodge, with its unique rooftop hideouts in each of nine private safari suites. Cuddle up in the large outdoor cane lounger and watch the sun go down over the Delta. Safari sensation!Sprawled along the banks of a lagoon and guarded by a resident family of hippo, the Lodge flawlessly combines the best of this unique inland delta – the peace and serenity of gliding through waterways lined with lush aquatic plants and the excitement of searching for big game through endless miles of green grassland.
Overlooking a sparkling lagoon, the earthy glamour of this striking Lodge provides the perfect counterpoint to the natural bounty of this riverside landscape. A strong but playful recycled theme provides unusual accents at every turn.
Explore the intricate watery canals by mokoro or traverse the golden grasslands in search of the Big Five by vehicle, retreating to the contemporary comfort of your suite by night.
Know Before You GoRooms:
9 playfully crafted split-level safari suites feature large bathtubs and romantic al-fresco showers. Each suite also has a private plunge pool and a lofty rooftop look-out with magnificent Delta views.
Rising high as the treetops, the open upper level of your suite entices you to while away the afternoon in a lofty hide or enjoy a private dinner under the stars. Dark wooden frames cradle another bed in a more conventional bedroom location just down the stairs.
Two steps down, a deep, oversized bath offers comfort and warmth, and a choice of indoor and outdoor showers promises refreshment. Curl up in a large, round lounger big enough for two on your private deck and watch the tiny details of life in the Okavango.
Fully inclusive rates include: accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, scheduled safari activities, emergency medical evacuation insurance, VAT and transfers to and from the airstrip (where applicable).
The inventive, layered guest areas boast dramatic decks with 180° views of the surrounding wilderness yet remain discreetly within the tree line. These spaces are designed in such a way to make the guest experience more intimate, with massive, inviting oversized sofas ideal for total relaxation. The well-stocked Safari Shop showcases chic safari gear, African art and jewellery.
Xudum Lodge is set in a private wilderness concession of 25,000 hectares to the southeast of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve in the centre of one of the most unique regions in the world, the Okavango Delta. Renowned for its lush waterways and abundant wildlife, the Okavango is home to a number of aquatic and land species.
Located in northern Botswana, the Okavango River is a unique natural phenomenon – flowing more than 1000 km (620 miles) from its source in Angola, this river disappears beneath the sands of Botswana, creating a lush inland delta in the midst of this otherwise arid country. The Okavango Delta is in a constant state of flux, expanding and contracting according to the rainy season. While some parts of the Delta remain permanently flooded, others only experience high water levels from May to September, when rainwaters from Angola reach the outer stretches of the Okavango.
Covering approximately one third of the Delta, permanent swamp areas are lush and green, with groves of wild date palm, papyrus and water lilies growing around deep lagoons lined with riverine forest. Seasonal swamps, on the other hand, contain a network of small channels cutting their way through papyrus and reed beds to create islands of all shapes and sizes. Xudum is located on the channels and lagoons of the southern, seasonal part of the Delta.
Tease and tantalise your taste buds watching the chefs at work in our open, interactive kitchen or get involved with tastes and textures yourself! Savour the wholesome flavours of meals served in the dining room, with its sweeping views, or in a warm cluster around a crackling blaze in the open fire pit.
- Twice daily 4x4 game drives – explore the rich wildlife around Xudum either early morning, late afternoon, or evening
- Game drives track the Big Five, as well as a variety of other animals
- Take a leisurely walk in the surroundings of the Camp to take in the sights, smells and sounds of the Okavango Delta
- River cruises in an electrically powered ‘eco boat’ or mokoro – explore the waterways of the Okavango
- Cool off with a refreshing dip in the Lodge pool or indulge in an afternoon siesta
- Xudum Lodge is open year round. Rtaes are per person per night fully inclusive
- Children are welcome
- Regretfully, children 5 years and younger cannot participate in the regular game drives and mekoro activities
- Children 16 years and older can participate in guided walks and mekoro activities
- Children aged 6 to 11 years are accommodated on game drives at the lodge manager’s discretion
- An extra bed can be arranged for a child sharing its parents’ suite. No more than 1 triple in camp at any one time
- Childminders can be booked at an additional cost
- Check in: 12h00. Check out: 11h00