Como Shambhala - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Find a hotel
Rates from £579 per night · Rural Retreats · 30 rooms
Como Shambhala Estate is a luxury boutique holistic wellness retreat, providing an all-embracing experience closely tailored to each individual’s needs, offering healing programs to mend mind, body and spirit. A luxury resort with all the trimmings.The Como Shambhala Estate specialises in creating sanctuaries, places of privacy and nurture where guests can rediscover a sense of balance. Most significantly, the estate is a place of beauty where silence reigns and where guests find the energy to make informed life changes that will last beyond their stay.
Know Before You GoRooms:
Accommodation is among the most private and spacious of its kind, built into the jungle and clearings above the Ayung river. Apart from rooms, there are expansive residences, each with four or five suites and a large swimming pool, one to three bedroom stand-alone villas with different living spaces and private pools and Retreat Villas (one or two bedrooms each), which feature living, dining, kitchen areas and private pools. (some Retreat Villas also have a private therapy room).
Range of holistic therapies and activities.
At the Estate, facilities all cater to maximise your sense of peace, with a vast amount of space shared by deliberately few guests. Retreat to a quiet spring pool down by the River Ayung, or sit and read a book in one of the shady bales at Kedara.
Wander down stone paths cut through the forest, or simply hang out by the main pool at Ojas positioned in the Estate's sunny clearing. We provide everything you could wish for a relaxing, stylish retreat from the world – and far more besides.
The buzzing heart of the Estate is Glow, a contemporary, open-sided, all-day dining restaurant featuring our healthful Como Shambhala cuisine. There's an open kitchen, so you can watch your fresh food as it's prepared.
Kudus House serves breakfast and dinner and showcases the diverse influences, flavours and spices of Indonesia’s regions. It is a more intimate space, occupying a 150-year old former Javanese residence. At night, it offers a quiet, gourmet experience.
We offer comprehensive Room Service. In addition, in the Ojas area and beside the pool, you can enjoy a light snack menu featuring healthy sates, sorbets, and granitas served in bamboo steamers, wooden vessels and banana-leaf wraps.
- At the Estate, we can help you discover Bali’s rich Hindu culture, its landscape, people, fauna and peaceful spirit
- Explore Ubud's temples, galleries and artists’ ateliers with our guides.
- Personal fitness training
- We also lead Yoga Retreats with world-renowned teachers
- Active adventures, designed to increase fitness, include mountain biking, whitewater rafting, guided walks and treks through the wildest regions of Bali's hills
- Mountain bikers can choose from gentle cruises along easy back roads to a bash down muddy tracks and rough village byways
- We have an all-weather tennis court, located close to the Garden Villas, a two-minute walk from Ojas. Rackets, balls and partners can be provided, as well as a tennis pro