Le Tresor - Languedoc, France
Find a hotel
Rates from £67 per night · Hip Hideaways · 4 rooms
Boutique hotel Le Tresor is a charming country B&B ‘Maison de Maitre’ set in the pretty sleepy village square of Sonnac sur L'Hers in Aude an hour south of Carcassonne in the Languedoc region, one of the most beautiful areas of France. This is a B&B bolthole with bags of charm and oodles of style.Within easy reach there is the wonder of the Pyrenees, beautiful hill walking, spectacular Cathar castle countryside, rolling vineyards, the Canal du Midi and even the Mediterranean coast, Le Tresor is the perfect place for a weekend away or longer.
Know Before You GoRooms:
Le Tresor offers three rooms and one (two bedroomed) suite. All of the rooms are individual in their style, whilst maintaining the traditional French character you would hope to find in the Languedoc, such as red floor tiles, polished wood floors, marbled fireplaces and wooden shutters, with views of the hills or the little church in our peaceful square.
Opened in 2009, there is an additional self-catering Cottage available, situated next door to Le Tresor – a beautiful 2 bedroom, two hundred year old stone cottage, Le Petit Tresor, has flagstone floors, shuttered windows and a private south-facing walled garden, with a pick your own vegetable patch. Visitors who wish to stay at the cottage also have access to the facilities at Le Tresor during their stay.
Room One - The Suite
A beautiful polished wood floor suite with views over the village to the hills – a very large bedroom with a king-sized bed, crisp white linen, free-standing bath, and a sofa, TV and CD/DVD player, plus a spare bedroom which is also a dressing room and an en-suite shower room. There are tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary magazines, hair dryer and L’Occitane bath products. Perfect for a couple or for a family with one child.
Room Two - The Double
The cosiest of our rooms with views over the quiet village square and beautiful church, relax on the comfortable double bed and watch DVDs or sit back in the old leather armchair and read a novel or two. There is also an en-suite shower room, plus tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, complimentary magazines and L’Occitane bath products.
Room Three - The Twin/Large Double
A peaceful whitewashed room with cool terracotta tiles, furnished with comfortable twin beds, crisp white linen, a chest of drawers, armchair, TV with DVD player and an en-suite shower room. Tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary magazines, hairdryer and L’Occitane bath products.
Room Four - The Large Double
Again with views over the square, this large, beautifully decorated room with polished wood floors and a marble mantlepiece is furnished with a very comfortable king-sized bed, fresh white linen, desk, armchair, TV and DVD player. There is also an en-suite shower room, plus tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, complimentary magazines and L’Occitane bath products.
Le Petit Tresor – Cottage
The cottage features an open plan sitting room and kitchen area, wood burner, TV and DVD, double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room; twin bedroom with small shower room. French doors lead out onto a private garden with outdoor furniture and sun loungers.
Out in the terrace gardens, the sun-loungers and hammocks make lazing practically mandatory – though there is table tennis and a pool table if you insist on being active – and having the mountains on the doorstep opens up plenty of possibilities.
A leisurely breakfast, served until 11.00 am, encouraging you to find your own pace during your stay. Enjoy seasonal fruit, freshly pressed juices, muesli, yogurt, croissants and chocolatines, plus delicious coffee, choice of teas or hot chocolate in the square where the sun shines in the mornings, in the terraced garden or in the dining room.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday enjoy a freshly prepared dinner. Meals are strongly influenced by the flavours of the Occitan, using generous amounts of herbs from the garden, garlic and olive oil. Most of the food is locally sourced and organic from the markets in our area. There are a number of restaurants in Chalabre, Mirepoix and Limoux, and of course further afield in Carcassonne, where you can also enjoy great French cuisine.
- In the summer this is an ideal place for hiking, cycling, caving and white water rafting, and for skiing in the winter
- Lake Montbel is only 5km away, a perfect place to go swimming, sailing, walking, or sunbathing
- Spend a day in medieval walled cite of Carcassonne
- Wander through the backstreets of Camon, one of the region’s prettiest villages
- Spend a day exploring the resorts of Collioure and Banyuls-sur-Mer (100km)
- Visit the cities of Perpignan and Narbonne, or simply head to Port-Vendres for a fantastic seafood lunch
- Explore the beautiful bastide towns and ruins
- Ideal base for activity weekends and Le Tresor offers several special packages
- Vineyard visits and wine tastings can be arranged at Domain Begude
- Take home local produce from the area after visiting the many brocantes, local markets, summer fetes and potteries
- Baby cot available, children under 2 are free. Children aged 2+ can have an extra bed put in their parents’ room for €25/night
- If you are travelling here by plane or train, we recommend hiring a car from the numerous companies at Carcassonne airport (Hertz, Europcar, Avis, ADA) and in Carcassonne. This will enable you to explore the beautiful region at your leisure
- Open: April-Dec (closed Jan-Mar)
- Check in: 15h00 Check out: 12h00
- Credit cards accepted: Visa and Mastercard
- Cancellation policy applies
- Le Petit Tresor cottage rental is from Saturday to Saturday (flexible subject to availability)