La Sultana Oualidia - Oualidia, Morocco
Find a hotel
Rates from £147 per night · Beach Bliss · 11 rooms
On the Atlantic coast, where the ocean and coast merge, in the middle of a lagoon protected by two promontories, lies Sultana Oualidia - the furthest reach of Moroccan warmth and hospitality.Like the Mermaids of legend, the beautiful Sultana reveals herself only to the select few who travel the world searching for exceptional places, who pause to savour the moment and fix it in eternity. With just eleven suites, each one stylish and unique, this is a truly intimate and ultra relaxing retreat. The setting extends over space, sea and lagoon, into a world of nature and pure escapism.
Know Before You GoRooms:
When you close the door to your room you will feel totally at home, free. Each room has been carefully designed with natural materials to reinforce this feeling. The ceiling is made from rows of Oleander, the walls are of stone and tadelakt, while the painted wooden furniture and the ancient marble floor contribute to the air of natural elegance. Special mention must be made of the pictures, they are by Régis Delène-Bartholdi, great-grand-nephew of the creator of the Statue of Liberty. All the rooms have been designed around them. Each room and suite is luxurious and elegant and rewards guests with views over the lagoon.
For ultimate relaxation, you can wander down to the private beach or sink into five sea water jacuzzi's situated around the swimming pool. The spa has a fitness area as well as an indoor ionised heated pool and hammams, where you can enjoy all kinds of massage treatments.
The Sultana's most remarkable feature is the infinity pool surrounded by lovely loungers and double beds.
As dining goes, La Sultana Oualidia, located on the Atlantic coast, is a gourmet's paradise. Fresh local seafood includes oysters, lobsters and spider crabs all served to perfection in one of two restaurants. La Lagune, on the private beach, and Les Voiles Blanches, a more gourmet offering in a thatched hut overlooking the lagoon, with reasonably priced menus starting at 350 dirhams.
Rates are per room/per night and include breakfast:
- Hanging gardens
- La Sultana Oualidia is located about a twenty minute walk from Oualidia, a typical Moroccan fishing village
- Bordered by green pastureland and salt-water marshes
- You will have the beach practically to yourself from October to June
- Kite surfing
- Small fishing boats are at your disposal to cross the lagoon and the oyster parks
- The magic of the lagoon and the tides, in rhythm with the hours, provides a constantly-changing back drop
- For water sports funs, Oualidia will enchant you with its large assortment of activities and leisure, surfing, sail boarding, diving and much more
- For bird watching amateurs, itís the place to behold the beauty of a huge range of bird species, among which are pink flamingos, wading birds, IbisÖ.
- Lovers of seafood hold Oualidia oysters in especially high esteem
- Kasbah Hamidouch: the Kasbah forms a part of a system of fortified outposts that Moulay Ismail established along the main routes of communication so as to control the region and accommodate travellers